ITEM #: R3573
14Karat White Gold Diamond Ring
WEIG …HT: 1.04ct
SHAPE: Radiant Cut
MEASUREMENTS: 6.00 x 5.52 x 3.85 mm
TOTAL DEPTH: 69.7%
TOTAL WEIGHT: 0.28cts
SHAPE: Half Moon
14Karat White Gold
Currently sized at: 6.5
We will ship the ring in your size.
Here's the story behind this ring.
1) new Client wants square(ish) stone with half moons for fiancé
2) We happen to have a gorgeous 1.04ct Radiant cut here, brand new from the cutter- never even been to GIA yet
3) We propose the half moons, which is approved by our client.
4) we go into production
5) the fiancé happens to mention in a discussion how a round diamond was always her dream
6) When we discussed the ring, and terms of sale, we extended our 7 day money back guarantee on the entire project. We commonly do when the special order is the type of ring we'd love to add to the website. As was certainly the case here.
I've graded the diamond E color, however I honestly believe it to be a D. I won't ever issue a grade better than E, or VS1 if I'm grading a stone we're selling.
The reason? I know cutters that can accurately predict GIA giving a diamond Internally Flawless. But the differences between VVS1 and VS1 are so very slight, and human judgment comes into play. Most of the time that I see sellers offering "D" or "VVS" self graded stones, it seems more "BBS" than VVS. A little diamond industry humor.
The prongs holding the inside edge of the half moons are perfectly positioned. The ring looks good from all angles. Substantial parts, well finished. Exceptionally clean work. The design breaks no new ground, and that's not really goal. Some designs are timeless. Never to go out of style.
ITEM #: R3573