I have been making jewelry since 2005. In that time, I have experimented with all types of materials, from simple beading, to polymer clay, to silver and gold. While I still use a bit of everything from time to time, my passion is working with metal. I am currently the owner/maker at Dan Clark Designs,
been making jewelry since 2005. In that time, I have experimented with all types of materials, from simple beading, to polymer clay, to silver and gold. While I still use a bit of everything from time to time, my passion is working with metal.
I am currently the owner/maker at Dan Clark Designs, while also working in the repair department at a local jewelry store.
I love working with clients to create a special, one of a kind, piece that they will love and cherish forever. To me, jewelry should be worn, not stored in a box and only brought out on special occasions. I strive to make my pieces both beautiful and practical.
When I submit a proposal, the price you see is the price you will pay. What I state as a price includes all materials, labor, fees, and shipping. No surprises when your project is completed.
Items under $1000 - A deposit of 50% is required up front. Should the project be cancelled, due to unforeseen circumstances, by you, this deposit is non-refundable. If the project is cancelled by me, you will receive a full refund of the deposit. When your project is complete, I will send you photos to review. Once approved, the remaining 50% is due prior to the item being shipped.
Items over $1000 - A deposit of 75% is due up front, and the remaining 25% prior to shipping. The same cancellation policy stands.
Alternate payment arrangements - If you would like to arrange for an alternate payment arrangement, that can be done. I will accept smaller payments for your convenience. Please note that I will not begin your project until the deposit amount is received. All payments made up to the deposit amount are fully refundable, regardless of the situation which warrants cancellation. Once the deposit is reached, the above rules apply.
A note about diamonds and some gemstones - I am not a diamond dealer or seller. I have access to some of the best prices available, and will pass those prices on to you. However, because I do not stock diamonds, I ask for the full cost of the diamond(s) up front. From that point forward, the diamond belongs to you. If the project is cancelled, for any reason, I will ship the diamond to you. Outside of the cost of the diamond, the price and payment of the finished jewelry piece follow the above rules. Gemstones generally will not fall under this policy, as their price is usually much less than diamonds. Some, however, will. I will inform of this from the beginning if it is the case. To offset the inconvenience to you, I have chosen to not make a profit on the sale of diamonds to be used in a project. This allows me to keep the cost at a minimum to you. With this in mind, please do not contact me for the sole purpose of purchasing a diamond. I can do this for you, but if it is not going to be used in a project, there will be a slight markup.
Sizing of rings, bangles, etc.:
Due to the nature of working with someone who is not local to you, my goal is to eliminate any possible problems with sizing. Occasionally, this is unavoidable. To ensure your item fits correctly, I recommend the following.
-Visit a local jeweler to be sized appropriately. Any jewelry store will do this, free of charge. Let me know what size you need. When sizing rings, make sure to use a sizer that is close to the width of your project, as the width affects the size you need. For example, a 2mm band will fit more loosely than a 6mm band.
-When you receive your project, try it on as soon as possible, and let me know if it does not fit appropriately. Please provide me with as much detail as possible. For example, rather than saying, "it's too small", try to estimate how much larger it needs to be.
-If necessary, ship the item back to me, I will size it, free of charge, and ship it back to you. I only ask that you pay for the shipping to me.
I will repair any piece that I have made at any time. If the damage was caused by a manufacturing issue, then it will be repaired at no cost to you. Simply pay to have the item shipped to me, and I will take care of the rest.
If the damage is a result of normal wear and tear, there will be a cost involved. I will let you know what this is prior to you sending the item to me.