Austrian Shades are classic window treatments that evoke romance and elegance as they are perfect to soften any space in your home. This Classic style shade gathers into full poufs when lowered and always maintains a ruffled, shirred effect. Austrian Shades can be used alone or as a Romantic decorative under-treatment to enhance any window in your home.
We offer free design consultations and fabric/trim selections at our shop.
All of our Austrian Shades are skillfully constructed in our professional Drapery Workroom and customized to your exact specifications.
Labor Cost is based on square footage.
AUSTRIAN VALANCES AND SHADES UNLINED $21.00 per sq. ft.
AUSTRIAN VALANCES AND SHADES LINED $27.00 per sq. ft.
We make our beautifully handcrafted Austrian Shades with 4 times fullness for the length and up to 2 times fullness for the Width. We use lead free sausage weights in our bottom hems and a metal weight bar to keep the shade taught and even at all times.
Our shades are mounted on a Clutch System that is easy to maneuver. Lift mechanisms are concealed inside a white heavy duty sleek aluminum metal header with a Beaded Continuous Cord Loop that is available in four different finished (nickel, brass, antique copper and brass/gold). Our shades have smooth effortless to maneuver, will never have issues with cords wearing out and will never need to pulled or tugged on when lifting or lowering it. Our Clutch System Headers are available for shades up to 96" wide.
WHAT WE NEED TO KNOW FROM YOU WHEN YOU ARE READY TO PLACE A CUSTOM ORDER:
1. WINDOW MEASUREMENT:
Width and Length (please note if you have wood trim around your windows and what size they are).
2. FINISHED SHADE MEASUREMENT:
(If you are not sure about the finished shade measurements we will give our recommendations).
3. MOUNT: Inside or outside
4. BEADED LOOP CORD POSITION: Left or Right side
5. FABRIC: We can assist you with fabric choices and we are able to provide you with many selections. The best fabric options for Austrian Shades are fabrics such as Dupioni SIlks, Faux Silks, Sheers, Satins, Lightweight Cottons. Lightweight Velvets and Linens.
6. LINING: Lightweight semi sheer, premium cotton or Silky Soft Blackout (additional cost for Blackout lining will apply/per yard).
7. TRIM: We can assist you with trim selections and we are able to provide you with many selections for beaded crystal trim, tassel trim, ruffled trim, pleated trim, lace trim, etc. (additional cost for decorative trim will apply/per yard).
****HOW TO MEASURE YOUR WINDOW****
All shades require precise measurements.
Please make sure that you carefully measure your window before committing to your custom request.
Measure "Exact" width and length in inches of the inside frame of your window. Always measure at the top and be sure to measure all windows even if they look to be the same size.
Measure "Exact" width and length in inches of the outside of your window, if you have trim molding please include it with your measurements. For outside mounts your shade should be installed at least 3 to 12 inches above your window frame. Installing higher above your window opening will give the illusion of a longer window, will add visual height to your room and will allow for less obstruction of your view and light when the shade is lifted up.
If you need assistance in determining the appropriate finished size or height of your custom made Austrian Shades please let us know.
For accurate shipping/packaging fees please provide your city and state or shipping address.