Brand new to our collection is an inspired peasant dress worn by Emilie de Ravin in the tv series Once Upon a Time. We fell in love with the detailing in the tv series and created our rendition inspired by it.
The dress is done in 3 pieces. The denim skirt is very full gathered at the waist and done on a waistband with hook and eye closure (adjustable hooks). The top is done as a vest style containing a complete faux suede hand made bias edge that goes completely around the bodice. It is grommetted at the front with nickel grommets and laced with black corded lacing. It has two center steel bones near the lacing for added support. The bodice has a dart and princess seam for a very contoured look.
The under chemise is a full chemise lined with vintage lace around the neck and on the sleeves. Lace will vary from the picture in future reproductions as it is an uncommon lace. The chemise is done in a thin ivory cotton to give a slightly translucent look as it does in the film.
We of course always can modify the dress design to fit your needs, contact us for a quote. Also we can do variations of the dress in different budgets if you don't want it as detailed. This costume is made to order and requires a 4-6 week lead time. If you need a faster time frame please contact us to see if we can accommodate you.
Full length chemise
2-Piece Denim Dress bias edged
Sometimes looking at other versions online can be deceiving. Here's what makes our costumes different and worth their cost:
1. Structuring within the costume, twill, interfacing, and extra efforts to make sure seams and materials don't unravel. We take the extra step to use all those wonderful tools like interfacing, twill tape, bias tape, and more so that everything is reinforced to last for years.
2. Our skirts do not have elastic waist bands. Some companies or individuals use this to cut time and cost. Our skirts in our costumes have a real waist band with hooks and eyes like a couture fashion garment.
3. We don't skip the modesty panels. When our costumes expand sizing or are adjustable they have modesty panels to cover the skin in both skirts and bodices.
4. We use the finest materials. Bridal satins, velvets, brocades, silks, and more.
5. Our costumes are lined. Not just with cheap lining, we self line which means the outer fabrics and inner fabrics are of the same quality. This helps with longevity and wear on your costume.
6. Design. Design is our strength, we work out the bugs and get you the finest closest version to film, play, movies, and characters. But we also can do budget versions of our costumes if you do need to cut corners.