This box was created for my customer to ask his girlfriend to marry him. The box is made of walnut. The hearts, corner inlays, and top are made of Purple Heart.
The box is engraved with words of meaning to their relationship with each other and God.
Each side of the box must be unlocked before the top can be removed.
The inside was lined with white satin sewed together to form pillows along the walls to emulate the inside of a jewelry box.
Dimensions: 5" cube
Made in Elbert, CO
All of our products are handmade
by expert makers.
I worked with Brian Benham of Benham Design Concepts to create a custom made engagement ring box that required specific detailing and engraving and four operational locks with matching keys. Here are the reasons I would HIGHLY recommend Brian -
1. He has a passion for what he does! His communications with me noted not only the specific design elements we were working on but also his love for what he does. He has a great eye for combining woods and colors and materials and bringing out their natural beauty. He displayed exceptional technical and artistic skills during the design and production of this ring box. One of the many examples of this is that he hand carved the four hearts on the box himself!
2. He was always timely, personable, and professional. I always received response messages back within a day often with design drawings and updates on what we were working on. After construction of the box began, he sent great pictures of the process and finished product which you can see online. Since the ring box was a central element in my engagement it is nice for people who appreciate fine craftsmanship to be able to see the construction of the project online.
3. He finished the project early and chose a shipping option so that I could track the shipment to ensure delivery before the date I got engaged.
4. The finished product was breathtaking - I wouldn't change anything about it.
5. I thought the final price was great for the time and effort that Brian went into working with me on the design (about 2 weeks back and forth), and the final product which also required the use of an expert engraver in both wood and metal. Brian works with a great engraver BTW who also submitted some design and script elements to me during the time we worked on designing the box. We got the design and finished product worked out within 1 month which was exceptional for a custom made product.
6. Brian made computer models of the finished design which were really nice in going back and forth on the final design. Brian always respected my design ideas and enhanced them through his expertise of craftsmanship and materials selection. My only critique is that the CustomMade.com site was sometimes slow so that the uploaded pics Brian sent me and sometimes took a long time to load. However Brian helped when this occurred by sending the picture files directly to my inbox.
7. Everyone I have shown the box to LOVES it! My proposal to my girlfriend was successful and we are getting married May 2013!!!
Thanks so much Brian!!!