Are you seeking a unique illustration to portray an imagery in your mind, inspired perhaps by a concept, story, a poem, a special event or scenery? I would be happy to work with you, employing open communication and visual references, to bring your illustration to life. ! PLEASE NOTE: You will be receiving an original hand painted fine art illustration, NOT a print of a digitally produced image.
"Eve: After The Fall": This 20" x 24 illustration includes two figures, on of whom resembles the coloring of the client's daughter, set against a detailed background.
All illustrations will be painted in acrylic, typically on canvas or gesso board. If you have something else you would like your portrait painted on, please talk to me! Most likely I can do it for you! All paintings receive a protective finish.
The convenience of this arrangement : 1. No travel is necessary, other than over the intranet or through mail. 2. You have the wonderful option of creating a totally unique, never to be forgotten, surprise gift for some special recipient!
*Please note: Prices are meant to be ballpark figures only, within the size shown. Difficulty of composition and detail rendered will be taken into consideration. Prices may vary at the discretion of the artist.
*Shipping and handling are not included in the price of the portrait. I will ship out of the U.S. at a price to be determined. Additional Shipping and handling prices will be added to the final payment.
1) If having a painting done interests you, please talk to me! Together we will work out your expectations and the price paid for your unique piece.
2.) Any images you can send of desired props, backgrounds, etc. in your painting will help me personally tailor the painting to your liking. It is not unusual for me to spend additional time researching visual references to make the painting complete.
3) I will request an initial fee of no less than half price of the total painting, $150.00 of which is absolutely non- refundable, under any circumstances. Once the initial fee is paid, and I possess the photos to be used, I will begin a rough sketch for your approval. Sketches will be made based upon previous conversations and the photos you have supplied. Only minimal changes will be allowed to the sketch, without incurring an additional, non-refundable fee, which will be added into the final cost/payment of the painting. At this point, if the customer decides to withdraw from the contract, the $150.00 non-refundable fee as well as any other fees taken from the total will be added together and the sum of all subtracted from the total payment made thus far. The remaining value will then be returned to the customer.
4.) Upon your approval of the sample, the hand painting of your original portrait begins in earnest! Please note: Paintings will be done in the order of initial deposits received. At this point in time, the full sum total of the initial deposit will be no longer refundable.
5) When I've completed the painting to my satisfaction, I will send you a digital image for your approval. At this point, only very minimal changes will be allowed without the incurring of additional fees.
6) Upon your final approval, you may send the remaining balance, plus shipping and handling charges.
7) Once the final payment is received, your painting will be shipped!
8) You will now be the proud owner of an original "Kathi Dugan" painting, beautifully portraying the subject of your choice! Enjoy!
ABOUT YOUR PAINTING:
Please note: All art is copyrighted. Although you will own the original painting and you may do with the original, as you like, the image of the painting belongs to the artist, by law. Permission must be received in order to reproduce the image, in any fashion. If you would like copies of the painting, for any purpose, please speak to me! The artist retains the right to use the image as she sees fit.
I look forward to working with you!
ABOUT THIS PIECE: "Eve: After The Fall"
16" x 20" acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas.
The client contacted me in regards to creating a unique painting for her young daughter Eve, who had been named after the Eve mentioned in the book of Genesis, in the Holy Bible. She desired a painting which would reveal the character of Eve as kind, strong and beautiful, serving possibly as a godly reminder and perhaps a positive influence upon the development of her own daughter's character. The task excited me. There was quite a bit of open and fascinating communication between us, as we worked out the details of the portrayal. It was finalized that Eve would be shown walking down a path, carrying a sheaf of firewood. Along beside her would be her own little daughter, holding a lamb and sharing a warm moment with her mother. I agreed to give the daughter of Eve their daughter's coloring and a few photos of the daughter were exchanged. I searched for models for use in bringing to life both Eve and the daughter's side by side glances and poses and ended up piecing them together from several various models, until I had what I needed! I also researched flowers and plants and found images of the included animals. After a very fruitful engagement, the family was very happy with the completed results! Please Note: This was a very time consuming project, inclusive of 2 people and very specific requests. The price given reflects charges for the complexity of the project.
Made in North Carver , MA
All of our products are handmade
by expert makers.
It was truly a pleasure for my husband and I to work with Kathi on our project. She came to the table with so many great ideas, but she was still willing to go above and beyond to work out what exactly it was that we wanted. We were blown away by how genuine she was in our interactions and the end result of all of her hard work is absolutely beautiful. The amount of detail she put into our painting is unbelievable. Overall, we are completely satisfied with Kathi's work and would work with her again in a heartbeat!