Horse Painting on Canvas 16 x 20 - Bay Arab Gelding with Cherry Red and Copper Scroll in Black Frame - 10% Benefits Horse Rescue
This horse painting ("Echo Star") is part of my Equamore Horse Series, celebrating National Horse Protection Day 2013, at the Ashland Art Center. It is one of seven horses that I painted from our local horse sanctuary.
This original art would look beautiful in a living room or powder room. It is currently on exhibit at the art center and is available for shipment on April 1. Ten percent of the sales price will be donated to Equamore Horse Sanctuary in Ashland, OR, to assist with horse care and rescue.
* Original oil painting
* 20 x 16 inches tall
* Cherry red background with metallic copper paint scrolls
* Bay Arab horse (looks almost like a donkey with cream colored muzzle)
* Gallery wrapped 1.5 inch profile canvas with painted edges, which can be removed from the frame if desired.
* Back wood frame with gold liner, paper dust cover on the back - wired and ready to hang
* Certificate of Authenticity which includes the story of this horse on the back of the painting
* Shipping is an estimate. Anything over $1 over the cost of shipping and packaging will be refunded.
About Echo Star:
Echo Star came to Equamore after being impounded by animal control in 2007. He was a thin and malnourished stallion, who spent all of his time pacing in a small paddock. His frustration was so great, he savagely attacked and bit a woman. Euthanasia was seen as the only alternative for him until Equamore intervened. He is now gelded, healthy, playful and fully integrated into the Equamore gelding herd.
Equamore is a non-profit horse rescue and sanctuary in Southern Oregon, approximately 5 miles from the downtown area of Ashland. There are currently 44 rescue horses being cared for at Equamore, along with 6 privately boarded horses. It is a beautiful place with wonderful volunteers, and the need for funds continues to grow due to the economic situation of some horse owners. If you are traveling to Ashland, you should definitely take a tour at Equamore and see all the wonderful horses they have rescued and rehabilitated back to health.
Please note that the image of my painting above is protected by copyright law. Any reproduction or copying of the image is illegal. This copyright will not transfer with the sale of this work.