This piece is based off a peacock feather that my wife has displayed in our dining room. I love the bright natural colors of the feathers that glimmer in the light. I began with a radial match which is a decorative veneering technique. I did this give the effect of the background feathering out instead of just running in a straight line. I integrated some specialty dyed veneers. The green is called Kota and the deep blue color is on Tulipier. These veneers are dyed in a process of pressurization so that the dye actually runs through the veins of the wood. Most dyed veneers begin to fade over time. These will not. Instead of using a veneer for the turquoise color I inlaid crushed turquoise into the piece to set it apart and add a new element. I especially love the simplicity and bright colors of this piece
- Radius natural Figured Maple mitered so the grain matches around the box
- Conversion Varnish finish to give the best protection
- Bottom lined with real black velvet
- Specialty died veneers that will not fade
- American Blackbean, Kota, and Tulipier veneers
- Inlaid with crushed turquoise
Made in Danville, IL
All of our products are handmade
by expert makers.
No reviews yet
Each week, expert artisans from across the country become makers on CustomMade.
Every maker has a story. Be a part of Jeff Nardoni Woodworking's story by placing an order, leaving a review, and seeing your review appear here.