mr2 Custom Hardwood Hand Crafted Open Back© Cabinet, Bookcase or Room Divider. . Each custom bookcase is 60" wide x 43" high x 10" deep and made from "Clear" solid Poplar Hardwood boards.
The bookcase shown was made from "Clear" high quality Poplar hardwood, stained in Red chestnut with 4-5 coats of satin Polyurethane lacquer.
Each piece is made to the following specifications:
• Shelves and sides are made with single boards to provide a minimum of 9.125 inch width.
• Book heights up to 9.8" can be accommodated with the piece shown.
• The external surfaces have 4-5 coats of polyurethane. The inside and undersides are stained and 2-3 coats of satin finish polyurethane applied. Sanding is completed prior to each coat. Samples of the bookcase stain with lacquer coat will be sent to the customer for approval.
• All shelf attachments are made with glue and wood screws for maximum strength; covered with oak dowels and flush sanded.
• There are ten (10) partitions inset to add strength as well as style to the piece. The configuration of the insets can be varied without adding cost to the piece.
• The bookcase has been leveled.
• When used as a room divider, aprons are included on both sides at the floor level.
• When used as a bookcase, an apron is provided on only the front to allow the back to be flush against the wall.
• The height (h) and width (w) can be increased or decreased by a maximum of 4 inches without any change in the price. Stains include Mahogany, Walnut, Chestnut, Russet Oak, and Ebony, Cherry, Pine, Early American, Red Chestnut (shown), English Chestnut and other customer preferred stains. Finishes include gloss, semi-gloss and satin.
• These pieces are custom made and would be ready for shipment within 5-7 weeks after order has been placed depending upon back log.
• The piece is packaged in bubble wrap with multiple layers of cardboard for protection.
• All changes to the specification require customer approval.
• Packaging, Insurance and Shipping is to the West Coast. If the cost is lower, a refund will be provided.
Custom item, shipment would be dependent upon backlog Please confirm the dimensions, compartment configuration, and stain and finish (gloss, semi-gloss or satin) and need for an apron on both sides when ordering as a room divider.
Prices are also available for the bookcases made of oak or other woods. Special designs are also available upon request.
Made in Oneonta, AL
All of our products are handmade
by expert makers.
No reviews yet
Each week, expert artisans from across the country become makers on CustomMade.
Every maker has a story. Be a part of mr² Woodworking's story by placing an order, leaving a review, and seeing your review appear here.