Small Pet Portrait,
I paint custom pet portraits from your photographs. You see each step of the process and get a one-of-a-kind painting of your pet.
SIZE: This listing is for a small, 8"x10"x7/8" pet portrait.
This project has a traditional style, but I use contemporary materials to make it. For this project, I would use a traditional technique of layering glazes of translucent color over a warm, brown under-painting. Instead of oil paint, I use acrylic paint, which dries much faster, so you can receive your painting in a matter of weeks rather than months. But, I am able to create the same kind of lustrous surface as an oil painting by using acrylic glazing medium mixed into each layer of color and by coating the finished painting with UV-protective gloss varnish. I sign each painting and include a certificate of authenticity.
How to hang: This pet portrait is on a gallery-wrapped, deep profile, cotton stretched canvas with painted sides. It does not need a frame.
You can either commission this project for yourself or give this as a gift. I am happy to send a complementary ecard if this project is a gift. I have also had past clients order pet portraits as an item to donate for fund raising events.
All pets are welcome. Although my parents' cat "Scooter" is pictured here, I am happy to paint all kinds of pets: dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, hedgehogs, horses, lizards, koi, etc. You name it; I will paint it.
Here is what the pet portrait process looks like:
1. First, you order the project.
2. Then, you email me at least one clear, well-lit photo of your pet.
3. Throughout the painting process, I will email you images of your painting, including: initial pencil sketches, the brown and white underpainting, and finally the finished painting with layers of color.
4. Now, I would need your input to ensure the painting is just right. You can either give your approval of the painting as it is or make suggestions for changes. I will keep making changes to your painting until you are 100% satisfied with the image.
5. Finally, it is time for packing and shipping. When I have your approval, I will carefully wrap and cushion your painting, then ship it directly to you or to your gift recipient. I ship smaller paintings via USPS priority mail and larger paintings via FedEx Home Delivery or FedEx ground.
Optional upgrades are available:
"Scenery Upgrade" For an additional fee of $50, you can add a background landscape to your pet portrait. For example, your pet might be sitting out in the garden or inside in a favorite room. I would need photos of the space to get details right. I can always merge two photos into one image if you have one picture you like of the dog and a different photo of the space.
"Group portrait upgrade" I will include more than one pet, for an additional fee of $50 per added pet, for any size painting.
"Linen canvas upgrade" I can order a linen stretched canvas instead of the cotton canvas for a $15 fee.
Made in Champaign, IL
By Paintings by K. E. Gilmore
All of our products are handmade
by expert makers.
No reviews yet
Each week, expert artisans from across the country become makers on CustomMade.
Every maker has a story. Be a part of Paintings by K. E. Gilmore's story by placing an order, leaving a review, and seeing your review appear here.