This piece is called, 'Pike Street Harvest,' after the famous, historic Pike Street Market in Seattle, Washington. Though I have enjoyed a wander through Pike Street Market, even more, I love going to weekly produce markets close to home and taking in the colors, shapes, textures and the busy, good-natured feelings in the air. The coffee, warm breakfast rolls and friendly folk music on an early Saturday morning make for a perfect start to the day. I like the people who shop at Farmer's Markets and I enjoy visiting with the farmers who come to town and set up their stands with their bountiful, fresh vegetables and fruits.
So..the beads. These are some of the stunning sculptural beads of Catherine Steele called, 'Grape Harvest.' She rarely makes them anymore and I was very fortunate to luck into a set of them. Companion focal lampwork includes an elegant tubular bead made by a similarly talented American artist whose signature design is gelded (24K gold glass leaf) tubular beads. They are at once old worldly and ultra modern. I've used one as a center focal in this design.
Companion lampwork beads include:
* Dreamy, thick, encased amber gold organic rounds
* Blackberry sculptural beads and sweet lilac bluebelles from a wonderful Russian artist
* Blueberry sculptural beads and the central flower bead by a devoted Israeli artist
* Lovely green leaf & bright lemon & lemon tree flower sculptured beads by a new artist to me (delighted to have found her)
* Amazing eggplant (!) sculptural beads by an American artist
* A gorgeous, expensive single long green gourd lampwork bead by a well-known artist
* Cheerful 'bubble' beads in regal purple and done by a talented English artist
A Garden Soup of internationally made lampwork beads!
Other beads and semi-precious gemstones include:
* The most amazing AAA clear, bright fire-flash moonstone rondelles used throughout
* Swarovski crystals in a variety of shapes, sizes and colors
* Bali sterling spacer beads & lacy beadcaps & daisy spacers
* Bali sterling large wire beadcaps (over lentils)
* Freshwater button & Keishi pearls
* Baltic amber beads
* Vermeil gold droplet beads
* Flourite stone beads
* Elegant deep purple AAA African amethyst faceted nuggets
* Top-flight furnace glass beads by renowned David Christensen
* Two gorgeous, ornate barrel Bali sterling beads
* Sterling silver acorn charms in two sizes
* Sterling silver grape bunch charm
* Sterling silver handcast heart tag at the toggle clasp
* Bali sterling toggle clasp
"Pike Street Harvest' measures @ 8.5 inches in length and can be resized at no additional charge.
This is *the* bracelet for the Autumn, for celebrating the radiant colors and abundant blessing of our land and all the delicious, nutritious fruits, vegetables, wine and flowers offered up by our magnificent mother-earth.
Made in Pacheco, CA
All of our products are handmade
by expert makers.
No reviews yet
Each week, expert artisans from across the country become makers on CustomMade.
Every maker has a story. Be a part of White Tideline Designs's story by placing an order, leaving a review, and seeing your review appear here.