Handcrafted Reclaimed Herringbone Bench with Midcentury Hairpin Legs
Second Chance Pallet is bringing thousands of years old pattern into our gallery. Reclaimed wood are torn down and hand cut to pieces, wood planks then assembled into Herringbone Pattern. We then sand, stained and put 3 coats of polyurethane on it.
As you walk in to your home, this bench welcomes you in; You can sit on the bench to take off your shoes, drop off your daily essentials such as your purse, laptop, keys and your phone to unwind and let the scent of the candle burning welcoming you home.
Yes, we can customize to your dimension, just let us know :). To order your custom made furniture, please send us a convo.
Dimension: 48" Long X 14" Wide X 28" High
Hairpin legs: 1/2" round steel clear coated; 28" high
Stain: Custom to your request
Lead time:3-4 weeks. Wood dimension and color varies for each bench, truly one of a kind.
Second Chance Pallet accepts custom dimension for this handcrafted furniture.
What is included in your shipment?
1. 1ea herringbone bench (your required dimension)
2. 4ea hairpin legs 1/2"x28"
3. 24ea screws
4. A copy of your receipt
5. Thank you Note
6. Second Chance Pallet unique business card--handmade; it takes 15 mins to make each card
Hairpin Legs will be disassembled for FedEx Ground shipping, but holes are predrilled and hardware is included.
Decorating Ideas for Reclaimed Herringbone Bench :
-Dining room sets, use this bench with your reclaimed wood dining table
-End of bed bench
-Patio bench (protected from sun and weather)
What is herringbone pattern?
The herringbone pattern is an arrangement of rectangles, so named for a fancied resemblance to the skeleton of a fish such as a herring. Herringbone describes a distinctive V-shaped weaving pattern. Pieces of herringbone was found in the ancient time in Egypt, Italy, Vienna, Ireland, China.
How Does Second Chance Pallet make herringbone bench?
1. We select the best reclaimed material available to us. We look for unique characteristics on the wood
2. We dissemble crates and pallets
3. We cut and sand to remove splinters
4. We assemble to herringbone pattern and let adhesive set overnight
5. We sand 3 grits to ensure rough woods are taken out
5. We stain/paint and let it set overnight
6. We polyurethane our table and let it set overnight
7. We install 4 hairpin legs.
Overall time to handmade herringbone bench is between 12-14 hours.
This bench top is made from 100% reclaimed wood Phoenix. Beautiful, timeless, clean, simple and functional addition to your home furnishings. Truly one of a kind!
Second Chance Pallet is committed to plant a tree for every pallet reclaimed. Herringbone bench is 100% hand made in USA. Thank you for your interest in Second Chance Pallet