ORIGINAL HOME DECOR by Alley Cat Design Studio
Reclaimed Wood Egg Holders: STACKABLE ~ THREE HOLDERS HOLDS THREE DOZEN EGGS ~ DUCK EGG BLUE... Matte Poly
• 100% Reclaimed 1950s Pine Decking
• Wood Glue, Pin Nails
• Water Based, Low VOC, Food Safe Paint and Polys
LAYOUT: 2 x 6 Configuration
• The holes in this Egg Holder will accommodate small, medium, large and extra-large chicken eggs.
(If you need more than one Set of Three Trays... please contact us first for a custom price quote and reduced shipping costs.)
CUSTOM MADE ONLY
PLEASE ALLOW 1 TO 3 WEEKS
If you're raising a small flock of chickens on your farm or in your backyard you know the challenges that comes with the sudden influx of eggs. How do you safely store all your eggs in the smallest amount of space?
Our stackable egg holder trays are a simple and stylish solution!
Even if you're not raising your own flock of chickens...
there's just something FUN and FANCY about cooking with eggs taken out of their normal humdrum cardboard containers, don't you think?
Great gift idea for both rural and urban poultry farmers... foodies... newlyweds... first-time chefs or children learning to cook... or just about anyone who loves spending time in the kitchen!
It's remarkable how something this small and simple can add a touch of slow-motion vintage charm to our fast-paced modern lives.
Actually, using an egg holder - chicken or duck - is really quite useful!
• Ask any experienced baker and they'll tell you that eggs allowed to warm to room temperature before adding to a recipe will result in a better tasting dish! Now you can set them out without fear of them rolling off the counter.
• Also a fun accessory to have at Easter to display your children's brightly colored eggs.
• Use in the refrigerator to store and separate your hard boiled eggs from your fresh egg inventory.
We make our Stackable Egg Holders out of a variety of good, quality Reclaimed Pine that we've salvaged from area homes, sheds, garages and barns here in SW and Central MO... many that date back to the 1920s, 40s, 50s and 60s.
This older wood is just better than today's lumber in so many ways. The grain of the wood is tighter and the density is heavier too. We try to save as much of this solid wood as possible and keep these resources from needlessly ending up in our landfill or burn pile.
After a thorough cleaning, we drilled twelve (12) openings in each and hand sanded the wood smooth, while leaving the beautifully textured grains intact for you to enjoy for many years of Sunday breakfasts... Wednesday night soufflés... and your children's Easter egg hunts... or simply storing your chicken's daily bounty!
Simple dowels inserted and glued into the top line up with the drilled holes on the bottom to provide a sturdy, non-slip method of stacking and storing your eggs.
• Please discuss with me prior to ordering or leave me a note regarding your COLOR PREFERENCES at Checkout. The variety I have given you is really just a "jumping off" point... as colors and finishes may be customized depending on your preferences.
• Staining this wood in lighter and medium brown/earth tones is proving to be difficult for me to achieve with any consistency.
• The wood grains are unpredictable and range from dark to light all on a single board. Choosing either a dark toned stain... or any paint color... works best and the results are proving to be more consistent.
• Other layout styles are available and we are in the process of creating various designs that will allow you to store anywhere from a half dozen eggs to 18 eggs per tray... so please let us know if you'd like something different from this listing.
Made in Springfield, MO
All of our products are handmade
by expert makers.
No reviews yet
Each week, expert artisans from across the country become makers on CustomMade.
Every maker has a story. Be a part of Alley Cat Design Studio's story by placing an order, leaving a review, and seeing your review appear here.