Handcrafted metal forged shelf bracket - L-bar with single curved square central bar. Old blacksmith school.
HOW to choose DIMENSIONS of the bracket?! - Shelf with the bracket 1" shorter than the shelf itself, looks as a proportionally balanced composition. When your shelf is 10" width, choose the bracket 9" length.
The bracket holds 70 lbs of load when it is placed on the corner.
Standard brackets dimensions:
4" x 4"
4" x 5"
5" x 5"
6" x 5"
6" x 6"
6" x 7"
7" x 7"
7" x 8"
8" x 8"
8" x 9"
9" x 9"
9" x 10"
10" x 10"
12" x 12" goes with thicker central bar 1/2" x 1/2"
For manufacturing this bracket I use a flat bar 1 1/2" x 3/16". The square bar in the center is 3/8"x3/8" and it is riveted to the bracket. Square bar due to its thickness 3/8", provides extra strength and security.
- Raw steel: brushed and varnished, letting to see you the character of the steel, and feel the touch of the warm hand in each item. Covered with polyurethane varnish.
- Organic hot beeswax - multi-layers finish with hot beeswax that gives natural patina, strong corrosion-resistant protection and 100% organic finish. This finish is applied to the brushed and cleaned surface without scale after heating.
- Brown paint / gold patina - great resistance for indoor and outdoor use. This finish is applied to the brushed and cleaned surface without a scale after heating.
- Satin grey / gold patina - excellent resistance for indoor and outdoor use. This finish is applied to the brushed and cleaned surface without a scale after heating.
- Oil rubbed bronze - excellent resistance for indoor and outdoor use. This finish is applied to the brushed and cleaned surface without a scale after heating.
Each bracket has six holes.
Fasteners are not included, because each wall demands its own type and length of screws. I do not know what kind of wall you have, so I do not want to provide you with wrong screws.
Price is for single bracket.
Made in Hagerstown, MD
All of our products are handmade
by expert makers.
No reviews yet
Each week, expert artisans from across the country become makers on CustomMade.
Every maker has a story. Be a part of Metal Art Studio Dmitri Volkov's story by placing an order, leaving a review, and seeing your review appear here.