Absolutely Gorgeous End Grain Cutting Board! End grain boards are made by cutting the piece of lumber into blocks, and gluing the blocks together with the end grain up, forming the top surface of the cutting board. An end grain cutting board is always made of blocks. End Grain boards are made to be passed down from generation to generation. Because of their construction, they are easy on knives. If you are buying for a serious kitchen guru, this board is for them! This board features Black Walnut and Rock Maple.
This is my personal design and considered my signature peice. I call it the Black Brick board. Pictures cannot do it justice!
Unlike other boards out there I use only woods that have been deemed safe for contact with food. In the construction of my boards I use FDA approved glue and pure mineral oil. This particular board is made with American Black Walnut and Rock Maple. Handles are cast bronze with a satin nckel finish and are very solid and make the board easy to handle. 100% made in the USA!
A bottle of Howard's Butcher Block Condtioner is included with this board, along with detailed care instructions.
The pictured board is 14" x 14" x 1.75". Custom size and quote upon request.
- Medium (14" x 14" x 1.75")
- Large (18" x 14" x 1.75")
- Extra Large (24" x 18" x 2")
- Boards can be made in any size. Click 'contact maker' and submit a request for a custom size.
- Boards can be made without handles, with metal handles, or with finger grooves. Metal handles are 6 inch cast bronze finished in satin nickel.
- An optional juice groove can be added to the cutting surface, as pictured.
- End grain butcher block cutting board built to last
- Every board ships with a bottle of butcher block conditioner. Apply this oil once every few months to keep your board beautiful for years.
- Every board includes non-skid feet.
- Handmade to order
- Made by Nicholas Henton in Stillwater, MN
- Ships in 3 weeks
- Make it yours by placing your order today
Made in Stillwater, MN
All of our products are handmade
by expert makers.
I am the prep man in the kitchen and my wife is the talent who puts it all together. This new butcher block makes the experience more enjoyable just like listening to the perfect song while preparing dinner.
Hands down, the most beautiful, functional cutting board I have ever had or ever seen.
I ordered a custom signature design cutting board as a Christmas present for my husband. The maker was quick to reply to my email messages and patiently answered all my questions. The process was simple and my board was shipped in a timely manner. The board is absolutely beautiful.
I am so impressed with the quality, craftsmanship and attention to detail. I look forward to ordering more items in the future from Magnolia Place Woodworks!
I could not be happier with this project. First, the communication was excellent. Nicholas is very easy to work with. Second, the quality of the packaging was excellent (the cutting board arrived safely, in a beautiful bag with some butcher block conditioner and a set of instructions). Finally, the product quality is out of this world. As soon as I showed it to my wife, she was like "that is the nicest cutting board I've ever seen." I customized mine with a juice groove for when we cut meat, and that looks fantastic on this design. Overall, I can't imagine why anyone would buy a cutting board in a store!