Sofia The First Princess Dress Gown - Toddler Size
We fell in love with this new little princess and decided to create it. Too small for a mannequin, we had to lay out the dress for pictures, but it is a mini ballgown just like the child size with a poofy skirt and all the same details as our child and adult version.
The pricing for a toddler is the same as a child 5-12. Even though it takes a fraction less fabric, it takes the same amount of time to sew all the pearl details and emblems. Also because it is so tiny, the openings for sleeves and such require extra time to hand sew close areas not able to get in the machine. As well because large petticoats are not available in mass for really small children, the crinoline must be custom cut and sized down. All these tasks add more time than a child's dress that far outweighs the difference in fabric cost, however we are offering it at the same price.
The dress itself is two pieces. The first piece is the bodice and peplum connected together in lavender bridal satin.
The second piece is the skirt. Done on a waistband with hooks and bar closure to accommodate your little one as she grows or for adult multi-sizing. The skirt has 4 petals with a taffeta applique flower shape on each one. Beneath that is a very full white taffeta skirt with an accenting taffeta ribbon.
The pricing is to purchase this dress with pearls. The pearl trim cannot be machine sewed, so it is hand stitched as each of the pearl beads are as well. Pearl trim edges each of the petals and the peplum and then edges down the front of the bodice. Pearl beads are hand sewn on the peplum carefully and then down the center of the bodice. It makes this gown full, and decorated in finery for the perfect little princess.
New to our customers, we uploaded a featurette short video of the dress in action behind the scenes of our photoshoot. The professional photos are soon to come, but in the meantime you can view the You Tube Video to see more about the dress. Please note this video is not viewable on mobile devices and must be viewed on a computer to see. Video link: http://youtu.be/-WS7589YF0A
Sofia Two-Part Skirt
Sofia Two-Part Bodice
Sofia Mega Full Crinoline (to shape the gown into the big fluffy skirt)
(Please see our other listings for Child and Adult Sizes, or inquire separately.)
If you do not wish to have the Mega Full Crinoline part of your order you can deduct $35.00
This dress comes standard with a separating zipper, for an additional $45.00 you can get a lace-up back fully grommetted with cording.
Please include any options you want deducted or added in the notes upon checking out. We will adjust your invoice and email you any cost differentials.
We can modify the dress design to fit your needs if you want more petals, different variations, etc. to fit your needs. Contact us for a quote.
Sometimes looking at other versions online can be deceiving. Here's what makes our costumes different and worth their cost:
1. Structuring within the costume, twill, interfacing, and extra efforts to make sure seams and materials don't unravel. We take the extra step to use all those wonderful tools like interfacing, twill tape, bias tape, and more so that everything is reinforced to last for years.
2. Our skirts do not have elastic waist bands. Some companies or individuals use this to cut time and cost. Our skirts in our costumes have a real waist band with hooks and eyes like a couture fashion garment.
3. We don't skip the modesty panels. When our costumes expand sizing or are adjustable they have modesty panels to cover the skin in both skirts and bodices.
4. We use the finest materials. Bridal satins, velvets, brocades, silks, and more.
5. Our costumes are lined. Not just with cheap lining, we self line which means the outer fabrics and inner fabrics are of the same quality. This helps with longevity and wear on your costume.
6. Design. Design is our strength, we work out the bugs and get you the finest closest version to film, play, movies, and characters. But we also can do budget versions of our costumes if you do need to cut corners.
Bbeauty Designs is a professional costume designer. If you are a children's entertainment company, contact us separately for volume pricing. All our costumes can be modified to our clients wishes.