Bootlegger - boot′leg′ger n. - An individual who makes, sells, or transports (alcoholic liquor) for sale and distribution, often times illegally.
The Bootlegger was born for exactly these reasons, Equinox Brewing out of Fort Collins Colorado contacted us to build a pedal powered beer delivery machine with the ability to transport fresh delicious beer to all the local bars and restaurants who were lucky enough to pour their brew.
We designed and built the Bootlegger in house, before we started we looked at current designs of cargo trikes on the market......needless to say we weren't impressed. We started our journey from the ground up.
- Low loading height (a full 1/2bbl weighs 167lbs)
- Low center of gravity
- Stable under heavy load
- Stopping power (disc brakes with oversized rotors)
- Turning radius
- Safety (you can't tip it over if you tried)
- Ease of operation (single speed for Fort Collins flat downtown)
- Pure sexy design (not dorky like most cargo trikes & bikes)
- Light & Strong (all the tubing is 4130 chromoly)
- Unique & functional (36in rear wheel keeps you moving and creates a very smooth ride)