Tis' the season....a wee bit early!
I have no idea where my early holiday design muse came from, but I found myself giddy at the thought of creating my first holiday design of the season. I think it was the moving sterling holiday door charm. The wreathed door opens and inside it says, 'Merry Xmas!'. I always loved tiny things that would move, open, close...when I was a toddler. Anyway, this is a LUXE bracelet design, composed of some amazing lampwork and equally amazing gemstones. It is called 'The Christmas Door' and is my habit, incorporates the lampwork beads of several artists, perhaps the most prominent being Heather Davis, a gifted American artist along with several equally talented glass artists.
So..the beads. One of my recent 'finds' is a woman whose signature bead design is what I refer to as 'mystic portals;' beads that have encased bumps and dots and swirls on the surface of an equally intriguing core, usually under thick, transparent glass. This is her first holiday set and it is a set of clear glass over a red, white & mint green core with portals and bumpies in the same color blends. She is also the artist of the large sculptural peppermint focal lampwork flower and the cheerful peppermint discs. I matched her set with some elegant clear scroll rounds by Heather Davis - beads she made at my suggestion as clear, scroll beads will always set a design off with a certain staid elegance and also punctuate beads of color inherent in the overall design. I could use 100 of her gorgeous scroll beads - she does them so beautifully.
Companion lampwork beads include:
* Green & white petaled 3D daisies
* White polka dots on deep red lampwork discs
* Gorgeous clear encased red pebbles by an uber-talented European artist
* Mint Green hollow lampwork balls by a gifted American artist
* White bumpy snowball lampwork beads by another American artist
Other beads & semi-precious gemstones include:
* Moss-green Aquamarine stone rondelles (very elegant)
* Generous AAA faceted Brazilian Green Amethyst nuggets
* Amazing AAA blue-fire flash clear moonstone rondelles (really magical in the sunlight)
* Swarovski crystals in a variety of shapes, sizes and colors, including bright French red, faceted cubes
* Thai Hilltribe white sterling snowflake spacers and white silver coil beads
* Thai Hilltribe solid sterling silver (.997 purity) round & triangle beads
* Bali silver daisy spacers
* Sterling wreath charm created
* Sterling holiday door charm
* Sterling rogue handcrafted star toggle using the old wax technique for casting silver, handmade by an American artist
'The Christmas Door' measures just over 8.5 inches and can be resized for no additional charge.
This piece, 'The Christmas Door' is one of those gallery pieces , like the famous 'Dublin Doors' of greeting cards & posters and the place itself - a city with the most interesting doors around. Taken all together, 'The Christmas Door' is a Christmas-trendy piece, with the more vintage mint-green rather than forest-green and with plenty of elegant clear or white or blue-fire to create a show-stopping effect whether at an uptown holiday party or at a coffee house on a cold winter's night. 'The Christmas Door' is bound to light up the season.
Made in Pacheco, CA
All of our products are handmade
by expert makers.
No reviews yet
Each week, expert artisans from across the country become makers on CustomMade.
Every maker has a story. Be a part of White Tideline Designs's story by placing an order, leaving a review, and seeing your review appear here.