This Ariel costume was actually not in the movie, inspiration came from a theme park parade in which this dress was featured. Yes the first picture is a picture of the actual dress we made.
The dress is made in sea foam green satin with lavender accents. The sleeves are puffed and stuffed with purple stripes and edged with purple AB sequin strands. At the base of the sleeve is a lavender bow made in the same material with draping tails that drape over the arm really pretty. The bottom of the sleeves flare and are edged in lace. The neckline of the bodice is sweetheart with AB crystal flowers and beads to catch the light with some sparkle. The bodice comes to a point in the front.
The skirt is a bit complex. It is made of irridescent organza in white and then matching sea foam green satin at the back. Over the white organza is braided cord to symbolize a "net" pattern. The net goes all the way to the ground and is sewn in place so that the net does not come undone.
This costume comes with a zipper or for an additional $45.00 you can get a lace-up back (fully grommetted) with cording.
Ariel's silver starfish necklace is included.
We of course always can modify the dress design to fit your needs, contact us for a quote.
Ariel 2-piece dress
Ariel silver starfish necklace
Sometimes looking at other versions online can be deceiving. Here's what makes our costumes different and worth their cost:
1. Structuring within the costume, twill, interfacing, and extra efforts to make sure seams and materials don't unravel. We take the extra step to use all those wonderful tools like interfacing, twill tape, bias tape, and more so that everything is reinforced to last for years.
2. Our skirts do not have elastic waist bands. Some companies or individuals use this to cut time and cost. Our skirts in our costumes have a real waist band with hooks and eyes like a couture fashion garment.
3. We don't skip the modesty panels. When our costumes expand sizing or are adjustable they have modesty panels to cover the skin in both skirts and bodices.
4. We use the finest materials. Bridal satins, velvets, brocades, silks, and more.
5. Our costumes are lined. Not just with cheap lining, we self line which means the outer fabrics and inner fabrics are of the same quality. This helps with longevity and wear on your costume.
6. Design. Design is our strength, we work out the bugs and get you the finest closest version to film, play, movies, and characters. But we also can do budget versions of our costumes if you do need to cut corners.