Custom Solid Hardwood Contemporary or Mid Century Shadowbox Bookcase 60" x 30" x 12" by mr2 Woodworking
The bookcase can be provided with an open or enclosed back and can be made in Poplar (shown), Cherry, Oak or Walnut.
- High quality solid hardwood boards are used. Fully assembled.
- The shelves and vertical runners of each bookcase are attached by wood screws covered with hardwood dowels.
- The shadow boxes, shelves and partitions are attached by wood screws and covered with hardwood dowels
- All of the boards have been planed and hand sanded before assembly, sanding and finishing.
- Multiple boards are used to achieve the 10" minimum shelf width. Biscuits with compression gluing is utilized to bond the boards and secure the flush joints.
- For structural rigidity and appearance, two aprons on both sides of bookcase bottom and two facings on the top are provided.
- The enclosed back option is made with 3/16" Birch plywood which is stained and rubbed with multiple coats of Tung oil. The back is secured with brass screws.
- The bookcase is finished with multiple hand rubbed applications of paste wax on all surfaces. The surfaces will patina over time. Paste wax can be applied and buffed if the customer wants to eliminate the patina.
- A sample of the finish will be sent to the customer for approval prior to finishing.
- The bookcase is bubble wrapped and protected with multiple layers of cardboard and then placed in a carton.
- Shipment of the bookcase will be completed with 7-8 weeks from placement of the order based upon present backlog.
- No changes to specifications without customer approval.
- Residential shipment. *If actual cost when shipped is less, a refund will be provided at that time.
Other patterns are also available upon request.
mr² Woodworking also creates custom indoor and outdoor furniture, benches, cabinets and specialty wood items available thru Custom Made. Please do not hesitate to contact us for special request, colors or designs.