This is a desk that was built to match a Murphy bed that I built for a customer in June. Actually I built the bed for the contractor. The customer came back and ordered a matching desk.
Because of the space constraints I had to adjust my normal depth. When dealing with angles small changes can effect a lot of different areas. For this reason I put all the measurements in a spreadsheet and entered formulas in for all the variables. This way when I changed the depth, I see how if effects the spacing in the center. I played with the numbers until I came up with good ratio.
I don't normally build my raised panel sides. They are usually outsourced. This project I built them because I didn't know the depth of the overall desk until too close to the due date. This desk was completed in August 2011