Handcrafted forged metal bracket. Square bar in the center due to its thickness unlike a flat bar provides extra strength and heavy load. I use traditional blacksmith techniques in my works making unique and contemporary look. There is no welding but there is a lot of craftsmanship and care in it. Rustic but yet elegant look that makes great addition to any home.
For manufacturing this bracket I use flat bar 1 1/2" x 3/16". The square bar in the center is 3/8"x3/8" and it is riveted to the bracket. Square bar due to its thickness, unlike a flat bar, provides extra strength, security and heavy load to your project.
Standard brackets dimensions:
6" x 6"
6" x 7"
7" x 7"
7" x 8"
8" x 8"
8" x 9"
9" x 9"
9" x 10"
10" x 10"
12" x 12" goes with thicker central bar 1/2" x 1/2"
- Raw steel: brushed and varnished, letting to see you the character of the steel, and feel the touch of the warm hand in each item. Covered with polyurethane varnish.
- organic hot beeswax - multi-layers finish with hot beeswax that gives natural beautiful patina, strong corrosion-resistant protection and 100% organic finish
- brown paint / gold patina - great resistance for indoor and outdoor use
- satin grey / gold patina - excellent resistance for indoor and outdoor use
- brushed and oil - excellent resistance for indoor and outdoor use
- oil rubbed bronze - excellent resistance for indoor and outdoor use
The bracket has six holes. Fasteners are not included.
Price is for single bracket.
I am happy to create this bracket in custom dimensions. Just let me know what you need and email me if you have any questions.
HOW to choose DIMENSIONS of the bracket?! - Shelf with the bracket 1" shorter than the shelf itself, looks as a proportionally balanced composition. When your shelf is 10" width, choose the bracket 9" length.
Each item might has slight variation in dimensions and finish due to the handcrafted nature of the work.
Made in Hagerstown, MD
All of our products are handmade
by expert makers.
No reviews yet
Each week, expert artisans from across the country become makers on CustomMade.
Every maker has a story. Be a part of Metal Art Studio Dmitri Volkov's story by placing an order, leaving a review, and seeing your review appear here.