A beautiful and feminine version of the classic Queen of Hearts dress.
The bodice has a sweetheart neck with alternating red and black panels all the way around. It is also lined in satin on the inside and reinforced with a sturdy twill on the inside. The sleeves alternate from red to black and have "headers" in the sleeve with netting to keep the puff out and surrounded in satin to keep from scratching the arm. At the base of the sleeve is an alternating color cuff with a winged look. Some of the pictures do not show the finished sleeve, but it does include black buttons up the sleeve as a closure. Your choice of a zipper in the back or $45 extra for a lace up back with grommets.
The collar is stiff and stands up. It is molded to go around the head and snap into place on the bodice. It is made of white bridal satin and has a lace edge for a frilly detail. The shape is rather rectangular and it naturally curves outwards at the corners.
The skirt is a separate piece altogether on a waistband with hook and bar closure. The skirt panels alternate from red to black all the way around. In the middle a custom made chevron panel out of yellow and black satins sets the tone for the skirt. The fur trim is 4" wide and travels around the complete base of the skirt. It is custom assembled and patterned to curve around the panels and is made from the softest white short pile fur (not a costume grade fur). It is a luxury fur grade used only in the highest quality garments and products.
Please see our separate listings for the Queen of Hearts matching shoes and necklace/choker.
Sometimes looking at other versions online can be deceiving. Here's what makes our costumes different and worth their cost:
1. Structuring within the costume, twill, interfacing, and extra efforts to make sure seams and materials don't unravel. We take the extra step to use all those wonderful tools like interfacing, twill tape, bias tape, and more so that everything is reinforced to last for years.
2. Our skirts do not have elastic waist bands. Some companies or individuals use this to cut time and cost. Our skirts in our costumes have a real waist band with hooks and eyes like a couture fashion garment.
3. We don't skip the modesty panels. When our costumes expand sizing or are adjustable they have modesty panels to cover the skin in both skirts and bodices.
4. We use the finest materials. Bridal satins, velvets, brocades, silks, and more.
5. Our costumes are lined. Not just with cheap lining, we self line which means the outer fabrics and inner fabrics are of the same quality. This helps with longevity and wear on your costume.
6. Design. Design is our strength, we work out the bugs and get you the finest closest version to film, play, movies, and characters. But we also can do budget versions of our costumes if you do need to cut corners.