A slider puzzle can be made with either two contrasting woods (walnut and maple, oak and cherry, or some such) or the same wood for the frame and the pieces.
If you want something other than the sizes ˆ have listed I can do that as well. Get in touch with me for the price for the particular one you have in mind.
For the 4 X 4 puzzle it is roughly six inches square and about 3/4 inch high with the pieces simply sitting in the frame and not connected to one another. In the plastic dime-store ones they are connected, but the tradition in the wooden ones is to make them free from one another.
On the pieces can be letters spelling out a name, or favorite phrase with either blanks or other letters on the remaining pieces as desired.
Since they are free and can be turned over, I suggest putting numbers on the back of the pieces so that they can be inverted and make a traditional numerical sliding puzzle.
INFORMATION I NEED TO MAKE ONE OF THESE:
1) The name or phrase you want on the blocks, including blanks. The number varies with the size, 15 for a 4X4, 24 for a 5X5, 35 for a 6X6, 48 for a 7X7.
2) If you have a font preference (block, script, etc.) let know it. They are traditionally a block font.
3) Whether you want contrasting woods or all the same wood (if you have no preference that's fine, I will make it using whatever is most available).
4) Do you want a traditional numbered puzzle on the back?
5) If your name or phrase is less than fifteen letters, do you want the others with "filler" letters or blank?
Made in Elon, NC
All of our products are handmade
by expert makers.
what a fantastic experience! this was my first time using custom made and i could not be happier/more pleased that i found and had the wonderful opportunity to work with jim.
jim did a wonderful job completing my project. he was kind, responsive, neat fast and my project came out AMAZING!!!!
thanks sooo much!!!!